For sports and competitions, we divide the school into four teams. We call these teams 'Houses'. The Houses are named after schools we used in the past.
Young people like to identify with a small group. For sports and competitions, we divide the School into four teams. We call each team, a 'House'.
- The 'Houses' have no physical existence.
- Each 'House' is named after a school we have used during the past 49 years of Vacational Studies Courses.
- Each 'House' has been associated with an animal for decades.
- 'Cheam' is a dog.'
- 'Douai-Elstree' is a lion.
- 'Hawtreys' is a crocodile.
- 'Mary Hare' is a hare.
Each 'House' has its own colour. We provide a T-shirt in this colour at the start of the Course:
- 'Cheam' is red.
- 'Douai-Elstree' is yellow.
- 'Hawtreys' is green.
- 'Mary Hare' is blue.
Here are the designs for 2022: T-shirts 2022.